Nazi Death camp guard charged with death of 430,000 Jews

 Nazi Death camp guard charged with death of 430,000 Jews

German prosecutors say they have charged a former Nazi death camp guard with participating in the murder of 430,000 Jews and other crimes during the Third Reich.

 
Nazi death camp guard charged with deaths of 430,000 Jews

Nazi guards at Belzec death camp in occupied Poland in 1942 Photo: AP

German prosecutor Christoph Goeke in Dortmund says 90-year-old Samuel Kunz was informed last week that he has been indicted on charges including participation in the murder of 430,000 Jews at the Belzec death camp, where he served as a guard from January 1942 to July 1943.

Mr Goeke said no Wednesday that Kunz is also charged with murder over “personal excesses” in which he allegedly shot a total of 10 Jews in two other incidents.

Kunz is No. 3 on the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s list of most-wanted Nazis. He lives near the western city of Bonn.

About dmacc502

Happy individual with positive outlook. Enjoy people and sharing ideas and mindful thoughts. Avid news watcher, cat lover, birdwatcher and cook.Fortunate not to have to work and love my quiet time. Married with two daughters in college.
This entry was posted in global. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s